I learned over this past month how amazingly easy it is to let anything - and I mean ANYTHING - get in the way of writing your book. Even 'good' things like genealogical research - and things which aren't so good, but are oh-SO-enjoyable, like watching TV, surfing the net, eating pancakes...and things which are essential, like breathing in and out. Or should 'eating pancakes' come under the heading of 'essential'? LOL
I also learned the price of honesty when I went through the proper
channels for getting permission to use a photo I found on the Internet.
Incidentally, although the copyright owners have my cheque (they
confirmed it only when I asked), they still haven't cashed it, so I
don't consider I have their permission. Yet.
I would like to know more about publishing and self-publishing.
It may be a while before my book gets anywhere near good enough for
publishing - let's say 'a long time before it gets finished enough
for publishing' (sigh) - but I am very aware of the HUGE delight it can
give you to find something written by an ancestor, and so I would like future genealogists to find my book and do the genealogy happy dance because of all the names and dates and places - and stories - which it contains.
- Fearless Females 18: Miss Murch begs to announce.....
- Fearless Females 14: Ancestor fined for assault
- Fearless Females 12: Audrey Ball HAYWOOD outside t...
- Fearless Females 11: Amanda Died Young
- Fearless Females 10: Minda EDGCOMBE's Religion
- Fearless Females 9: Minda's Baptismal Certificate
- Sunday's Obituary: Samuel MURCH
- Fearless Females 3: Rabage BEERE and Beaton DOWNE
- Fearless Females 2: May and Ena Edgcombe
- Family History Writing Challenge: The End
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2011 (53)
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.